Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Oh John, you have some lovely things....

This post has been delayed due to all kinds of gubbins getting in the way of me sorting it out/finding the time to do it properly.....I hate it when that happens but sometimes it does!

Exeter is a funny city. It's a mish mash of the big and the small, the old and the new, the corporate and the independent. Whilst everyone knows I'm a huge fan/supporter of the independent I also find it interesting to see what the big guns are doing once in a while, where they are focusing their design eyes etc.

I had the opportunity to have a snoop around the new John Lewis store with the very lovely Sophie (PR lady extraordinaire!) on the opening day. Whilst it was massively hectic due to the hundreds of extra keen shoppers, I still managed to snap shots of some beautiful things.....



 This was just a display piece but I want it so much!!!

I also got a bit obsessed with the lighting.....




 This was perhaps my favourite thing in the whole building.....I really could see myself sitting in this chair with a mug of coffee and a newspaper...... :)





Even though it was a grey and rainy day we had a look at the roof terrace....it'll be so amazing to sit up here when it's sunny and have a coffee with a friend!


Bank of Ipads in the cafe that you can browse on while you have a drink or some munchies :)

Pretty prints.....




Functional but fun stuff......




and just because the season is inching it's way upon us......






The store really is laid out beautifully, the attention to display details really standing out for me. I loved their Home range (more about that in a future post!) and was genuinely quite excited about the prospect of Christmas after looking at their trees!

I'd like to say a big thank you to Sophie for guiding me around and trying to help me get decent shots of things when there were so many shoppers around!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh a nice addition to Exeter! That will give me something else to do on my next visit :)

    ReplyDelete

Got something to tell me? Drop it in here :)