Thursday, 1 August 2013

In the eye of the beholder.....

Bugs. Whilst they're not everyone's cup of tea they seem to be a really popular subject at the moment. Whether in articles about the future of food (read an amazing one in Cereal magazine recently!!), discoveries of new species, saving the bees and butterflies....
I'm personally a big fan of creepy crawlies. I've found them completely compelling since I was a small child, like many kids I ingested a fair few.....not that I'm that up for eating insects these days!
When it comes to insects in the house though, that's another matter. Few people are fond of finding woodlice in their kitchen or beetles in their shoes......however, insects of all kinds have been making big waves in interior design for a while now and one company who have embraced bugs in a big way are Little Pea and Bertie. 



Little Pea and Bertie create intricate prints and customised artwork for adults and children alike. Oh and it's not just prints of bugs, there's all kinds of wonderful images to adorn your walls! You can find something for pretty much anyone within their eclectic ranges and many of the products can be personalised. Orders come beautifully wrapped,  making them an extra special present for someone. One of the things I find particularly amazing is that using their bespoke service to customise a print is free! No added on cost at all, just tell them what it is you're looking for and hey presto! 





The lovely folks at Little Pea and Bertie said I could choose a print to review (feel super lucky!) and I chose the patterened cicada print from their "Rock The Lobster" collection. This collection is my personal favourite, I like the way they use photography, digitial art and illustration to create the pieces. 








Mr Cicada (yep, that's his name) now lives on the sideboard in my dining room and has become a real conversation starter.....I'm yet to frame him as I haven't found one that I think is good enough! The print itself is perfect and crisp with wonderful detail, the pattern surrounding him is eye catching but doesn't detract from the main focus. When the package arrived it was so prettily wrapped, with beautiful tissue paper and ribbons galore.....a really lovely touch! Mr Cicada makes me happy each time I see him because he reminds me that beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.....I know he's not to everyone's taste but he's certainly to mine and I can't thank Little Pea and Bertie enough for sending him to me! 

If you'd like to have a look at more of these wonderful works take a look at their website : www.littlepeaandbertie.com and follow them on Twitter : @peaandbertie (always lovely to tweet with!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to tell me? Drop it in here :)